The Threaded Fasteners Story
Founded in 1979 by brothers-in-law Frank Martin and Steve Sholtis, Threaded Fasteners Inc. (TFI) has grown from modest beginnings (one chop saw and one rigid pipe threader in a borrowed warehouse) to be one of the largest fastener and steel bolt distributors in the Southeast.
Some 13 years after opening the first location on Eslava Street, a second location was launched in Pensacola to better serve Florida-based customers. Our growth has remained strategic, opening new branches in cities where longtime clients operate. Our vision for the future includes opening more than 20 additional locations to better serve the global needs of our customers.
Made in Mobile, Ala., Threaded Fasteners Inc. operates a manufacturing plant in Semmes, Ala., where anchor bolts and specialty headed products are built by local crews on two-shifts to meet the growing demand for quality materials. A new business venture that displays our innovative spirit – Quality Galvanizing – was launched in March 2017 when ground was broken for the plant where TFI products will be galvanized against corrosion prior to packaging, sale and distribution.
Highlights in Our History
- 2018 – Bolt & Nut, Inc. (Tampa, FL) Acquisition
- 2017 – Stateline Fasteners acquisition
- 2017 – Construction begins on Quality Galvanizing in Semmes, AL
- 2017 – Following expansion, Downtown Mobile, AL branch moves to Crichton location
- 2016 – Organic opening and growth of Chattanooga, TN branch
- 2014 – National distribution and corporate offices move to Crichton, AL
- 2013 – Further expansion in Florida leads to opening of a new branch in Tampa, FL
- 2012 – Co-founder Steve Sholtis retires. 100 percent employee ownership begins
- 2012 – Panama City branch opens; Bay Bolt Asset acquisition
- 2011 – TFI buys the assets of Elderco, opens new branch in Tulsa, OK
- 2009 – TFI manufacturing facility moves to Schillinger Road in Mobile, AL
- 2007 – Co-founder Frank Martin retires. ESOP process begins
- 2007 – Billy Duren named President
- 2006 – TFI expands westward into Mississippi with addition of Gulfport branch
- 1999 – Pensacola operation moves to Hopkins Street location
- 1992 – Pensacola branch opens as TFI expands into Florida
- 1990 – A need for more space prompts TFI move to St. Louis Street, Mobile, AL
- 1983 – Operation moves to Conception Street in Downtown Mobile
- 1979 – Founders, Frank Martin and Steve Sholtis open Threaded Fasteners on Eslava Street, Mobile, AL